Monday, November 18, 2013

Author: Leanne Tyler

If you have be cautious to read an American Hisorical Romance novel, you have to read one of Leanne Tyler's books.  She will make you a fan within a few words.

Leanne, for new readers—what can they expect when they read your book(s)?
I hope they always find an entertaining, well written story that grabs their attention from page one and doesn’t let go until they finish, making them want to read my next book.

That's how it's been for me.  How do you balance writing with the rest of your life?
It isn’t easy. I try to write of the mornings if possible, but that doesn’t always happen during the week. Saturdays I get up early and write while the house is quiet before I begin my laundry.

Chores refuse to be overlooked, don't they?  Can you describe a typical writing day for you?
A typical writing day begins with me waking up and thinking about my storyline. I’ll imagine a scene in my mind while I shower and get ready for work, maybe even find my mind on it as I’m driving to work (kinda dangerous I know, but I haven’t had a wreck). Then when I reach my office I hurry and type the words into my document before beginning work. Mind you, this may be be a scene at most or just a few paragraphs. Sometimes if I’m eating at my desk I’ll have a few minutes I can devote to my story on my lunch break, othertimes I have to wait until I get home in the evenings to work. Other days I may feel stuck and I’ll spend time rereading the story from the beginning to make sure I have the story correct in my mind before going on. This sometimes prompts me to flesh out a scene or layer in more details. I’ll also catch typing errors doing this so it serves as copy editing too.

Can you describe your writing space?
At the present time my writing space is my laptop in my living room. I have a laptop stand that I use and I’m either on the couch or sitting in the arm chair. I have a lovely view out my window that I can watch the birds or squirrels play in my large front yard if I choose. 


That sounds lovely.  What you are most passionate about outside of writing.
Family and friends. Spending time together. I also enjoy reading.


What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?
I write American historical romances as well as contemporary romances. My first passion is historical romances. But I have a romantic comedy series that I have Indie Published that is doing very well. As for why I write what I do, it is because the characters tell me their stories and I must share them with my readers.

Do your characters come to you first, or the plot, or the world of the story?
Each story develops differently. Sometimes it will be a name. Other times I might get a title of a story first. And sometimes my muse likes to surprise me when I least expect it —like a dashing thought runs through my head as I crawl into bed, so I have to get up and write it down.

Night time seems to be a muse's favorite time of day.  What sets your books apart from other authors?
My voice and my style of writing. However, according to my mother —who has developed a passion for reading since she retired in 2012—Debbie Macomber and I have ruined her for other authors. She claims I engross her from the first word.

That's high praise.  How do you go about developing your characters?
My characters tend to develop as I write the story. I’m not a big plotter. I try to plot, but I find I do much better to let the story flow onto the page and then analyze or structure development from that point.

Out of all the characters that you've written, who is your favorite and why?
In my historical romances there is always a wayward character, whether it is Rory Hollingsworth from Because of Rebecca, or Gregory Walters from To Catch a Duke, I really enjoy writing these bad boys storylines. I’m looking forward to spending a whole book where they are the heroes, so if you find you love them too, be on the lookout.

Can you share a little of your current work?
Currently I’m working on a contemporary Christmas novella that I hope to have finished in time for the holidays. Though it is coming together slowly at the moment I have a feeling once I get to a certain point it will write itself from there.


I’m also working on an American historical that is a sequel to my Christmas Time Travel Season of Love that was published by The Wild Rose Press.

Where can readers find more information on you?
Website: leannetyler.com
Facebook: facebook.com/pages/LeanneTyler
Twitter: @leannetyler
Goodreads: goodreads.com/LeanneTyler


Can you list all your book titles so people can look for them?

THROUGH THE GARDEN GATE ANTHOLOGY,
ISBN 1601545754
(OUT OF PRINT)


"Fairytale Bride" by Michelle Chambers
A wish on a blue moon whirls skeptic Maddie Elliott back to Regency England and into the arms of the despicable earl who can make her hidden fairytale dreams come true.

"Isabelle and the Outlaw" by Loretta Rogers
Drawn to 1870 Yuma by an Apache shaman's spell, Isabelle Landers rescues a condemned man from hanging. But is the dark-eyed outlaw as innocent as he claims?

"Victory's Gate" by Leanne Tyler
Left standing at the altar, Victoria Hamill's solo honeymoon trip transports her to Civil War-era Charleston, where she defiantly nurses a wounded Union soldier back to health.

"Sundial" by Carrie Lofty
Modern girl Amber Schulman arrives in 1958 Sorrento, Italy, and meets a fellow time traveler who's also eager to return home--but he's from 1987, the era of cassettes and Reaganomics!





SEASON OF LOVE
, ISBN  160154927X

A nasty fall and an antebellum dress changes Holly Marcum's life forever. Once she is revived, nothing is familiar.... The dress shop, her meddling aunt, and life as she knows it have all vanished. Instead a handsome stranger confronts her and accuses her of theft.

One moment Jeremiah Devereaux was in his store room alone, and the next a strange woman appeared wearing a gown specially ordered for one of his wealthiest clients. Is she a vagrant or a thief, and how on earth did she get there? When Holly suddenly falls ill, Jeremiah's sister insists on taking her in and caring for her.

Can he risk the beautiful stranger staying under his roof--or will he lose more than his merchandise'

Buy Links:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1bUVdFS
The Wild Rose Press: http://tinyurl.com/q633dzv
Barnes & Noble: http://tinyurl.com/q8af9gg



THE GOOD LUCK CHARM, ISBN 1475263260
Book 1 The Good Luck Series

Can a love charm help two business rivals overcome their differences and find true love?

Keely Jones believes all she wants in life is a successful advertising career and a corner office. However, that all begins to change when she bumps into a Frisbee player while jogging with her dog. When she’s given a good luck charm she’s skeptical about the magic of true love or finding her soul mate. But when things start to heat up between her and Darren, can she truly ignore it? Or will he be the one man who can ruin her career?

Darren Wright has returned to Knoxville to regroup and to join his sister’s advertising agency. He isn’t looking for anything major to happen in his life, yet when he bumps into a cute brunette and her dog, things begin to change. He’s soon promoted to Creative Director and falling for Keely. How can he tell her he works for an opposing firm? And if he doesn’t, will he risk losing her for good?

Buy Links:





THE GOOD LUCK SPELL, ISBN 1477574247
Book 2 The Good Luck Series

Jama Wright is a workaholic. The last thing she wants is to be given the responsibility of taking care of her new sister-in-law Keely’s overweight bloodhound, Duke, while Keely and Jama’s brother, Darren, are on their honeymoon. Jama agrees on the condition that Darren covers for her at her ad agency later that summer so she can take a much needed, overdue vacation. When given a good luck charm, Jama doesn’t want to buy into its acclaimed powers, but she’s superstitious enough that she doesn’t want to mess with fate. Little does she know that Duke will be become ill and she’ll meet the one guy that could change her outlook on life forever.

Kyle Landers is a carefree guy. He loves working with animals and that’s why he became a veterinarian. When he gets an emergency call about his patient Duke, he immediately goes to check on the overweight bloodhound. Meeting the dog’s temporary caregiver, Jama, he finds himself attracted to her, despite his resolve to avoid entanglements with beautiful women. His former relationship with Carol had proved women in pretty packages weren’t to be trusted. Can he overcome the memories of Carol’s manipulation? And if he can, will Jama prove she’s nothing like Carol?

Buy Links:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/17wh4QN



THE GOOD LUCK POTION, ISBN 1483904091
Book 3 The Good Luck Series

How much trouble can a little bottle and a good luck charm get you into?

Sue Charles is having second thoughts after accepting a good luck charm from Lucinda, a mysterious Cajun acquaintance who insists the amulet will reveal Sue's true love. Every indication is that the charm has singled out Alex Jones as Sue's soul mate, but how's a girl to know for sure? Can the gris-gris really work its magic for her or is she simply fooling herself?

After spending three years in Alaska, Alex Jones returns to Tennessee eager to settle back into his old ways. But when he meets Sue Charles, his previous bachelor days no longer seem all that appealing. He'd love to build a new life around a relationship with Sue, but he's worried about the consequences when things move too fast too soon. After all, his godmother did give him a good luck potion to carry around. What if his feelings are just a result of the Cajun woman’s mumbo jumbo?

Buy Linkls:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/12ZYWKs



BECAUSE OF REBECCA, ISBN 1612177514
American Heroes Series
Rebecca Davis promises to raise her dying sister’s newborn son as her own.  She also agrees to help a female slave reach freedom. It’s the right thing to do but can she trust her fellow conspirators without endangering her future or her son?  Her handsome contact, Jared Hollingsworth, won’t discuss their mission, but her attraction to him has Rebecca fearing she will endanger  not only her freedom –but her heart.
Jared Hollingsworth refuses to use slave labor. Despite this sentiment, he’s been able to keep his plantation going, even while mourning  the death of his wife and son. Now, thanks to his notorious cousin, Jared is in danger of losing Oak Hill. When he meets Rebecca Davis, he isn’t ready to love again, but she may be just what he needs to save his home and his heart. When he discovers Rebecca embroiled in a conspiracy, will he follow his heart and dare to love again? Or will he risk her heart to save his beloved plantation?
Buy Links:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/16TsjAx
The Wild Rose Press: http://tinyurl.com/q87etmq
Barnes and Nobel: http://tinyurl.com/pvrmgqh



Ebook Titles
VICTORY’S GATE, ASIN B0056KTSHA
Through the Garden Gate Series

Left standing at the altar, Victoria Hamill decides to spend her honeymoon trip in Bury, Lancashire alone. However, when she finds a hidden gateway in the garden she’s transported in time to war torn Antebellum Charleston, SC. Going against convention and her assumed families wishes, Tori nurses an injured Union Captain back to health and finds her heart nurtured as well. Unsure of how she’d gotten there or when she’d return to present day, Tori decides to live for the moment and follow her heart on this path to new love.

Buy linkks:
The Wild Rose Press: http://tinyurl.com/p4kcd3n
Barnes and Nobel: http://tinyurl.com/o2rzzqh




IT’S ALWAYS BEEN YOU, ASIN B005GXKFR4
Class of ’85 Reunion Series

Retired Staff Sergeant Seth Roberts returns to Summerville to begin the next chapter of his life. To do that, he needs to find out why his girlfriend married another man more than twenty years ago while he served in the Persian Gulf. Their high school reunion is the perfect place to confront Elyse Jordan.

Determined to be a strong role model for her daughters, Professor of Feminist Theory Elyse Jordan never talks about the loss of her only love twenty years ago. Caring for her mother during cancer treatment brings Elyse back to Summerville, the one place she avoided after Seth’s death. When an invitation to her twenty-fifth reunion arrives, she decides to go and reconnect with lost friends. She never imagines she’ll come face-to-face with Seth instead.

Can Seth and Elyse find the thread of love that bound them together or will past tragedies and misunderstandings keep them apart?

Buy Links:
The Wild Rose Press: http://tinyurl.com/q3ll6h6
Barnes and Nobel: http://tinyurl.com/o6eo7ur




A COUNTRY KITCHEN CHRISTMAS, ASIN B007BFNR20

Penelope Anders can't cook, yet she writes the very successful Country Kitchen Cooking blog for the Southern Cooking Channel. Everything is going fine until she's informed that the new CEO ran a contest giving one lucky winner the opportunity to spend Christmas with her at the Anders farm in Crater's Corners, Tennessee. But there is one big problem. Penelope doesn't own the Anders farm anymore. Derek Smythe does. And she still hadn't forgiven him for buying the place.

Derek Smythe needs a new roof and a new septic system at the farm so he can sell the place and move on with his life. When the producer for the Southern Cooking Channel shows up wanting Penelope Anders to return to the farm to fulfill a contest he believes his prayer has been answered and agrees for the price of the repairs. The producer calls his bluff and agrees. But is he ready for Penelope Anders to walk back into his life only to walk out again?

Buy Links:
Barnes and Nobel: http://tinyurl.com/p26ux9s





AVA, ASIN B00A53KOY4
Love Letters Series
(also available in audio)
Can a clueless matchmaker and a literary scholar find happiness when she breaks her promise to him?
Ava Monroe loves matchmaking and even though she promised her best friend John she’d stop, she can’t. Determined to find her new friend Jayne a suitable mate, Ava even contemplates matching her with John.
John Franklin wishes nothing more than to marry Ava, but she is too engrossed in her mischief to see his love. Taking matters into his own hands, John attempts to foil Ava’s match for Jayne by proving love is better left to fate than a matchmaker.
Buy Links:
The Wild Rose Press: http://tinyurl.com/nr2kmpd
Barnes and Nobel: http://tinyurl.com/o6eo7ur


Leanne,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. Your books bring this era to life, and I'm so glad to have you telling stories that are enjoyable and exciting to read.

No comments: