Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Next Big Thing

How this works: There are ten interview questions.  I'll answer those for my upcoming book, Pursuing Honor and then tag five more authors.  They'll each tag five more, and so on.  Here are the interview questions as applied to my book. Special thanks to Jane Richardson who tagged me—check out her blog to see her Next Big Thing.



HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS:

What is the working title of your book? 
Pursuing Honor (The Forever Time Travel Romance Series, Book 2)

Where did the idea come from for the book?
Pursuing Honor is the second book in The Forever Time Travel Romance Series.  This series was designed to feature each sister in their own book.

What genre does your book fall under?
Historical Romance, Time Travel

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I don't watch many movies.  I'll leave that decision to the producer.  Why?  What have you heard?

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Synopsis.  The one word that strikes terror in the hearts of authors.  I'm only one fourth of the way into the story.  Ask me as I get closer to the ending.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I have had great success with self publishing.  I plan to keep going in that direction. 

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Instead of writing several drafts, I prefer to tweak and correct things as I go along.  Each book takes 6-8 months to write.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

It's hard to say.  Time travel is part of this story, but the main character can control her gift.  She is also a little reserved in her time travel ability, and will only time travel if she feels she has no other option.  That's where I come in.  I tend to push her into a corner, forcing her to do the unthinkable.  I am constantly warding off nasty looks from her each time I give her a little nudge.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

My critique partner, Peggy Henderson.  She suggested I write a series.  It goes without saying, she was right.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

There is a mysterious old woman named Trista, who first appears in book 1, Faithfully Yours.  While her origins are unknown to the local residents, she seems to know everything about each person living in the valley.  Trista makes an appearance in each of the four books, but we will not learn who she is or her connection to the sisters until book 4.  I would love to hear your thoughts about Trista while we learn more about her.  Care to unravel Trista's secrets?



Here are the five I am tagging:

Peggy Henderson

Dana Roquet

Ramona Lockwood

Amy De Trempe

Jerrica Knight-Catania




Rules

***Answer the ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) ***

Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them. It’s that simple.


Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing
1.            What is the working title of your book?
2.            Where did the idea come from for the book?
3.            What genre does your book fall under?
4.            Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
5.            What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
6.            Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
7.            How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
8.            What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
9.            Who or What inspired you to write this book?
10.         What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?



No comments: