Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Next Best Thing Challenge, Week 11


Next Best Thing Challenge, Week 11


Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing. 
Week 11

How this works: There are ten interview questions.  I'll answer those for Faithfully Yours and then tag five more authors.  They'll each tag five more, and so on.  Here are the interview questions as applied to my book. Special thanks to Peggy L. Henderson who tagged me—check out her blog to see her Next Big Thing.



What is the working title of your book?
Faithfully Yours

Where did the idea come from for the book?
This is the first book in the Forever Time Travel Series.  I often wondered what it would be like to have a person time travel within their own lifetime and confront their murderer.

What genre does your book fall under?
Still trying to figure that out.  Filled with romance, there is a lot of mystery and suspense planned for each book in this series.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I haven't been to a movie in a very long time and as far as tv goes, I don't keep up with it. I'm open to suggestions.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Trapped in one time with a brutal man, Faith Valentine will stop at nothing to return to the man she loves, even if it kills her.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self published after lots of time spent with my critique partner and beta reader.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
This book took four months to write, which was a big surprise to me.  This was the quickest book I have written.  My critique partner (and her whip) gets a lot of the credit for my expediency.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Since passion is the time travel trigger, I'm not aware of another book with the same device.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My critique partner told me I needed to write a series.  She has had great success with hers.  I figure, she must know what she's talking about.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Time travel.



Here are the five authors I'm tagging:

Jerrica Knight-Catania

Kristen Callihan

Dana Roquet

Jennifer Hendren

Deniz Bevin


Rules
***Answer the ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) ***
Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them. It’s that simple.

Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing
  1. What is the working title of your book?
  2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
  3. What genre does your book fall under?
  4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
  5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
  6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
  7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
  8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
  9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
  10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?


No comments: