Friday, April 16, 2010

Author's copy

I received my author's copy of For Mercy's Sake. I thought I'd share an excerpt:


“Daniel, are you certain about this?”

He glanced around, brows drawn together. “Is something amiss?”

She hesitated, contemplating the wisdom in giving him a chance to reconsider, then blurted it out before she could change her mind. “Are you certain you’ve thought through the consequences of this day?”

He opened his mouth to speak but Pastor Whipple interrupted him. “Daniel, whenever you’re ready.” The plump clergyman straightened his vest to a dignified angle and walked to the center of the altar. Grandma Pen and Mrs. Whipple took a seat in the front row. In order to keep the gossip hounds at bay, the ceremony would be concluded without the benefit of guests.

Daniel turned back to her. “The only consequence I struggle with is what I will do if I leave here today without you as my bride.” He extended his open hand, full of patience and filled with promise.

Tears burned the edges of her eyes. Blinking them back, she slipped her hand in his. His grip tightened and she followed him toward the cross.


For Mercy's Sake available Sept. 17, 2010

9 comments:

Anita Davison said...

Congratulations Carol, a lovely excerpt and stuning cover. The very best of luck with it, I know you'll do well

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Anita!

Thank you. How is everything going with you?

Anita Davison said...

Carol, The e-mail addy I have for you keeps bouncing back, please send me your current one at akdvsn@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Jeanne said...

Hi Carol, I haven't forgotten you for sure. I see the next book of yours is coming out. I like the cover very much. Anyways, wanted to say hi to you.

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Jeanne,
I have a new computer and have lost all of my email addresses. Can you send me yours in an email?
Thanks!

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Jeanne,
I have a new computer and have lost all of my email addresses. Can you send me yours in an email?
Thanks!

Jeanne said...

Sure will soon. I have an iPad now and I don't have your address on it and I'm on it now so I can't send it from here. It is my new toy. My whole family chipped in and bought it for me :) We should keep in touch for sure.

Rose Marie Spradling said...

Hi Carol.. Your book sounds wonderful! I will check it out!
I ran across your name while looking for my nephews facebook page. I'm glad I did!
Hugs
Rose Marie

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Rose Marie,

I'm glad you did, too! :) It's nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy For Mercy's Sake. It's one of my favorites. I'd love to hear your thoughts when finished.

Carol