Sunday, January 4, 2009

I feel good...na na na na na na na

I have been at a standstill with McKnight. Frozen. Completely unable to move forward. It didn't help that I faced a scene without any dialogue. Thank goodness for the holidays. I blamed it all on them and made a deal with myself to ignore guilt and begin again, or give up, after the new year.

Every day, I would eye the folder. It sat staring at me like an orphaned puppy. Could I really turn my back on it forever?

Yesterday, I forced myself to open the folder and pull up the last scene. This folder was a catch-all of ideas. Facing the massive undertaking, I told myself, look at one paragraph and nothing more. It worked. One paragraph became one page and then one scene. Wow.

This morning I looked at it to make sure I had included all the things necessary to make a scene come to life. They were all there. I'm not saying it can't use a good polish, but it sure looks good to these eyes.

I was so afraid I would never be able to write anything again. I'm still working out the kinks, but it's good to be back.

2 comments:

Jennifer Hendren said...

Woohoo!! Congrats on getting back on the horse. :) This is going to be a good year -- for the both of us!

Carol A. Spradling said...

I hope so. I thought I was done for. I can't wait to see what's ahead for both of us.