Friday, December 19, 2008

Have hatchet, will slash

Yesterday while galley reading Bound by Honor, I was in knots. Huge, gigantic, steam liner ones. Not good. I'm almost out of Maalox. Deep down, I knew what had to be done.

This morning, I emailed my editor. God love her, she is fantastic. I expressed my concerns about a couple of chapters. She agreed that it would be best to 'off' them. I remember writing those chapters. There is some good work in there. But, it has to be done.

She worked her magic to pull BBH from galleys and I set to work on the unthinkable. Two, large chapters are now gone and to be honest, it's for the best. *whimper* Yeah, it's for the best.

4 comments:

Jennifer Hendren said...

Kill your darlings, Carol. Kill 'em. :)

*says she who hates to slash and burn*

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Jen,

Oh, that was hard, but my stomach has relaxed since I did it. lol

Anita Davison said...

Carol, It's hard I know, but your next book will be every bit as good as your first, I'm sure. I'm back to reading for pleasure until after New Year and 'Cry' is top of the list. Have a Great Christmas

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Anita,
Thanks. You're right. Have a great Christmas and yay for you to have time to read for pleasure.