Thursday, November 6, 2008

New read

Last night I started reading a new book and before I finished the first paragraph, I was hooked. I went back to the top of the page and reread a few sentences. Have you ever read a section of a book and wondered how you got to the end of the paragraph? It wasn't jarring or a struggle. I didn't have to make concessions or allowances in hopes the author would win me over at a later point in the story. No. The words floated me easily to the end of the thought. Needless to say, I settled into a comfortable position on the couch and thought, my, my, my, I am in for a good read. This is my first experience with Anne Perry but if the first few pages are any indication...ahhhhh.

6 comments:

the petal falls said...

Hey Carol,

I like Anne Perry too. Which one are you reading?

Kristen

Jennifer Hendren said...

Which one? which one? :) I've read a couple of her Inspector Monk books and greatly enjoyed them.

Carol A. Spradling said...

Dark Assassin

I'm only a few pages in, but it looks promising.

Rachel said...

Oh, I really enjoy Perry's book. Death of a Stranger (one of her Monk books) was the last one I read. I'll have to check out Dark Assassin, now.

Jennifer Hendren said...

Carol -- Cool, I have that one in my tbr pile. It's about the 15th book in the series, so I've held off so I could read the others.

Rachel -- see above. It's one of the Monk books, just late in the series. :) I do enjoy them a great deal, too!

Carol A. Spradling said...

Rachel, I'll have to look at that one.

Jen, I couldn't believe how many books she has written. I didn't know where to start. Which ones have you loved?