Monday, October 6, 2008

BEYOND THE HIGHLAND MIST by Karen Moning

This was rather frustrating. I have read other Moning books, which I loved. I even added her name to my auto-buy list. But this book, yikes. I got the impression this might have been her transition book from time travel romance into paranormal. Setting that aside, I found it impossible to like any of the characters even in the slightest degree. I did finish because I held out hope for some small whisper of what I enjoyed in her other books. It wasn't there.

Bottom line...give Moning a try but not with this book.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ohhh I had the exact same feeling! I love all her other books but this one...sucked.

Carol A. Spradling said...

Sarah!

It's so good to hear from you. How have you been?

Sarah said...

I'm great! How are you?