Saturday, September 27, 2008

I hate to do it.

I never thought I would become one of those people, ;) but it has to be done. Because I am jumping back and forth between three stories, there's no choice. I have to write an outline. Yikes! Did I just type that?! Each time I get on a roll with McKnight, my attention is needed elsewhere. When I come back, it takes days to get back into the groove. Not fun. I hope this doesn't suck the spontaneity and wild tangents out of it. Why do I feel like I'm being punished and forced into shackles?

3 comments:

NBB said...

You know, I have written a loose outline for Before and After (my current WIP) as well.
And I keep very quiet about it ;)

It does feel kinda like "I have written this and that down in that order. So stick by it now!"
That's rubish of course and that's why I have only a loose outline. But sometimes it does feel that way. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Carol A. Spradling said...

Yay, Nina. A kindred spirit. I'm doing it more to remind me of the path I'm on. I like to incorporate several threads, and if I can't keep up with them, I'm in trouble. Hopefully, this will give me an overview at a quick glance.

How is your new wip coming along? Everyone has been so quiet, I just assumed their computer keys were smoking.

NBB said...

I think I know most of what I need to know. Now I just need to write :)
But I have been exceptionally lazy the last two weeks. Reasons for that on my blog. :)
But I'll get started again today. Hopefully :)