Saturday, August 16, 2008

THE PRESENCE by Heather Graham

Wanna spend the afternoon with a good mystery? If so, you gotta read THE PRESENCE. Toni Fraser and a group of friends have rented a Scottish Castle and are giving skitted tours, featuring the ancestral owner. Toni believes she has created the tale but when the descendant of her play arrives, she is made aware that her ghost story is factual on many levels.

This is my first experience with Heather Graham's writing and I loved her book. Her writing style is easy to follow, she paints the scene with a skilled hand, and her characters are fantastic. She also weaves subplots and red herrings throughout her story that will keep you guessing until the end.

Although it took me a while to keep all of the characters straight, I was drawn in immediately to the story and found it difficult to stop turning the pages. THE PRESENCE has made me a fan of Ms Graham's work, and I will look for more of her books.

2 comments:

Jennifer Hendren said...

She STOLED my book title!!! :)

Carol A. Spradling said...

LOL, sorry. Maybe you could spell it THE PRESENSE. Hmm, that might work as a play on words too.