Saturday, August 30, 2008

DARK OBSESSION by Allison Chase

Forced into a marriage to save her reputation and his estate, Grayson Lowell and Nora Thorngood must trust that the rumors concerning each other are false. When their community refuses to let them reestablish their lives, they move to Blackheath Moor, Lowell's family's estate. Met by a mysterious housekeeper, a mute nephew, and two ghosts, the newlyweds forge into a mystery that has cost Grayson his finances and has his sanity teetering on the edge of an abyss.

Ms Chase does a fabulous job of weaving her characters together in a story that will keep you glued to the pages. I rooted for Gray and Nora from the minute they entered the scene and held my breath until the end. The secondary characters enrich the story and will keep you offset as to who did the deed. Equally important is how and why it was done. I worried that I would get to the end and it would be an easy finish. Not so. The conclusion was very satisfying.

I am not a fan of paranormal books, but I do enjoy a good ghost story. In the tradition of JANE EYRE, DARK OBSESSION will satisfy lovers of Gothic novels. This book is a must read.

No comments: