Saturday, July 12, 2008

Introducing: McKnight

I thought I would share the opening paragraph of McKnight.


Murderers are hanged. This realization swept over Isabella Foster in a cold sweat. She rubbed her throat where phantom knots laced her neck like a string of pearls. It was reassuringly smooth. She swallowed and wondered if stealing a horse could also send her to the gallows but then, it was her horse. Of course, she hadn’t committed murder either, but that hadn’t stopped Eli Banks, her dead uncle’s business associate, from trying to wrap a noose around her gullet.

2 comments:

Jane Richardson, writer said...

Oh, wow, Carol...I LOVE this! What a cool opening, can't go wrong with a noose and a pretty neck, girl! Nice start. But I'm going to suggest you remove one phrase - can you guess which one? (you know me by now!)

J x

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Jane,

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

I have an idea about the phrase. Do you wanna tell me if I'm right?