Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HIGHLANDER UNMASKED by Monica McCarty

Meg MacKinnon has to marry in order to defend her clan's holdings. Faced with a deadline to achieve marital bliss, she heads to court in search of a husband. Alex MacLeod must keep his identity and purpose hidden. Too bad for him that Meg recognizes him as one of the men who aided her and her mother during a roadside attack.

Ms McCarty does a wonderful job bringing these characters to life. Meg and Alex are both strong, very likable, but not over powering.

I did feel there were times when the story bogged down with details and I rolled my eyes at a few phrases. But, the author did stay focused on the plot and kept the action moving.

This is my first read of this author and I have already scribbled a note to myself listing the title of her next book to go in my tbr pile.

No comments: