Tuesday, May 13, 2008

OUTRAGEOUS by Christina Dodd

In OUTRAGEOUS, Marian is protecting 'her son' as well as a massive secret. Griffith is sent to deliver a message to her but finds himself unwilling to leave. When a new king is crowned, Griffith and Marian have to pledge their fealty, but will it leave them on opposite sides of the monarchy?

This is the first book I've read by this author and I'm not sure what my thoughts are concerning her work. I found the beginning of the book confusing and difficult to become part of. The characters were a bit stiff, but this could be due to the author's attempt at authenticity. The story is set in the 1400s, after all. Everytime I thought I would stop reading, Ms Dodd managed to bring in something that grabbed my attention. For this reason, I will give this author another try.

I'm aware that Ms Dodd writes historical as well as contemporary. Although I will try another of her historicals, I will also read one of her contemporary works.

My overall thoughts...undecided, but willing to try again.