Thursday, April 3, 2008

TWO FOR THE DOUGH by Janet Evanovich

In Janet Evanovich's TWO FOR THE DOUGH, Stephanie Plumb is staking out funeral homes and discovering detached body parts. Her latest bounty: Kenny Mancuso, Joe Morelli's cousin. She'll have to decide if Joe's loyalties are to his family or to the law.

I liked seeing the characters once more and couldn't wait to get to know them better. But by the time I finished the book, I didn't feel like I knew them any more than when I started reading. There was limited action and suspense and when the third body part showed up, I rolled my eyes and put down the book. From listening to other readers, I'm aware that there is a love triangle with the main characters but at this point in the series, I didn't feel any chemistry between Joe and Stephanie.

Oh, well. I did give the series a try with two books.

No comments: