Monday, March 31, 2008

BLACK by Ted Dekker

Thomas Hunter lives in two worlds, but he has no idea which is real and which is dream related. In Ted Dekker's BLACK, new earth is the product of earth after a global catastrophe. In new earth, animals talk, reason, and interact with all species. While transitioning between the two worlds, Thomas tries to prevent the destruction of the first earth.

Having loved Mr. Dekker's other work, I couldn't wait to read this series. However, I could only make it to the middle of the book and had to stop. For me, Thomas' endless pursuit of proof dragged on way to long. Come on, halfway into the story and no one believes you? (The sister doesn't count.) At this point in the story, I want to be riveted.

Mr. Dekker's writing style is great, but I'm disappointed with the way the story floundered.

No comments: