Tuesday, March 25, 2008

ARCHANGEL by Sharon Shinn

Gabriel, a future Archangel, has been told the name of his bride. He is to go to where she is enslaved, bring her home, and marry. Rachel, his intended, is not crazy about the idea but concedes. This is the basic plot in ARCHANGEL.

Miss Shinn does a great job building her world in which the book is set, but I found myself offended with some of her liberties. Setting that aside, I focused on the characters. Rachel and Gabriel were annoying and as easy to embrace as a cactus. They fought throughout the entire book and were constantly finding reasons to be apart from each other. As much as I tried, I never reached a point where anything about them endeared them to me.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Carol,

I wanted to say thanks for commenting on my blog. I meant to come sooner, but was so busy with all our Easter prep I didn't have time!

Melissa

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Melissa,

You're welcome. I hope to become more "blogger" active.