Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sh-wing

It is said that all things are temporary and circulate throughout. With that in mind, it seems things are about to change.

On Kristen Nelson's blog, she posted a note from a meeting she had with Random House. The part that perked my attention was, "She also expressed a longing for female heroines that aren’t killing machines."

This type of heroine has been the mainstay for a long time and I am so glad the publishing taste has been satiated. Not that there isn't still a desire by some readers for this, but I am thrilled the publishing houses are becoming sensitive to reader's demands for a different heroine type.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hi Carol,

I also saw that post and my reaction was the same as yours. :-) Now if only other-world fantasy could get an upswing as well... (everyone just seems to want urban fantasies in these days).

/Sara E.

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Sara,

I had to tone my reaction WAY down before posting. :)

I think it's all timing. I have no idea what's up next, but I'm certainly glad it's about to move.