Friday, December 7, 2007

Not what I had in mind, but still a good morning.

Since I write best in the morning, I decide to get up at 5:00 to work on BBH. This will work well due to my time tonight will be spent chatting live at Coffee Time Romance. I know. A shameless plug. Who would have ever thought that someone who was described as a person afraid to talk to her own shadow would be so audacious? It's all part of promotion, what can I do?

Anyway, I digress. With two hours of writing time at my fingertips, I opened my folders. For some reason, all I managed was tweaking a few chapters. This was not what I had in mind. I gave it lots of thought on my drive to work. I started at the top of the scene and followed it, letting it play out in my mind. As I got to the section that stumped me, I heard a huge clatter. The solution was simple. Although important, this scene lacked action. Never one to disappoint me when action is needed, one character burst onto the scene with an unplanned entrance, (the source of the clatter) the clog burst free and everything moved expediently.

Here I sat in the middle of heavy traffic and no way to get this down. With no choice, I put the scene on a revolving loop in my mind and weaved in between cars before I forgot anything crucial. Not 8:00, I raced to my desk and jotted everything down. Ah, how long until lunch so I can get to my computer? :)

No comments: