Saturday, September 22, 2007

Midpoint

I have gone over the ms for the second time and the epilogue is almost finished, but I have reached the point where I can no longer tell right from wrong. For instance, is it "Yes, sir." or "Yes, Sir."? Everything is starting to look like a mish-mash of words and punctuation.

I received some very good advice and hope I can follow it. This wise woman said to not even consider the final read through until I have allowed myself to be well rested. She's right, but how do I corral all of these annoying 'what about' thoughts in the meantime?

5 comments:

Cindy said...

{how do I corral all of these annoying 'what about' thoughts in the meantime?}

Margaritas? (S) And that's all I've got for sage advice.

Congrats, and you're doing great. I clicked on Jane's link yesterday, thanks for sharing that!

PS love your website, too.

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Cindy,
LOL. Sounds like a great idea.

I'm glad you looked at Jane's site. She's doing great. A hard woman to keep up with!

My website. eee Cheryl did a great job with it. I hope to give it an update very soon.

Helene B said...

Those 'what abouts' can drive a person mad.

Just keep a notebook with a running commentary of 'what abouts'. I keep mine on top of the microwave. Or should I put it on the dining room table? Or what about the coffee table...my dresser(?)

just joshing ya'

Carol A. Spradling said...

Helene,
LOL. You're too funny. Actually, that's what I'm doing. With this read through, I have a paper next to the laptop and if something looks out of sorts, I fix it and mark the page so I can go back and check it once more when finished.

Jane Richardson, writer said...

Yes, walk away. It's amazing how different it seems later. The margaritas might help too...;-)

J x

(btw thanks for looking me up, Cindy!)