Saturday, September 15, 2007

Flyboys

While we were on vacation, my husband bought the movie Flyboys. He watched it almost every day. Should I remind you we were gone for two weeks?

This week at work, I learned one of our students was a stunt pilot for James Franco in the movie. Although this was cool, my husband wasn't this excited when I told him he was going to be a father. Men!

For me, it took a while to understand which part he played. It wasn't until he said, "I saved the girl" that I was able to place his character. Admittedly, I didn't pay close attention to the movie. I will next time.

It was nice talking with him and hearing about all the behind the scenes activities. He's going to get me a poster from the movie. If he does, my husband will be hard to live with.

8 comments:

Hélène B said...

Boys and large mechanical objects.

Hm.

Mine works in R&D and builds rockets, artillery and car parts. You can imagine.

Jane Richardson, writer said...

I'm totally with your man on this one, Carol! I have an obsession with British WWII planes, particularly Spitfires - my dh even buys me the books, lol. But it's the stories of the men - boys - that flew that move me. I have a story based around all that in draft form that I'll finsh one day.

J x

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Helene,
I know, but aren't they fun.

Carol A. Spradling said...

Oooh, Jane,

You have to write it. It sounds great.

Jenny said...

I loved that movie. It's got my guy - Martin Henderson - in it, which is why I rented it. (Shorter, black hair and a totally different personality, but a few really good "Alec" face moments even so, hehe.)

But the movie was good all around, and of course my DH loved it too.

I kept thinking of Claire and BTL, because it involved WWI and pilots (not the right combination, since Bill's infantry in WWI and Jared's a pilot in WWII, but still...close).

Word: tehzuse. L33t for "Chief god of Mt. Olympus"?

Carol A. Spradling said...

Hi Jenny,

Oh, MH is in that? What part did he play? Too bad it wasn't JF, I could give you a little inside info about his personality. (g)

Yeah, I think Claire would really enjoy the movie. It would bring her characters to life.

Jenny said...

Martin was Reed Cassidy, the veteran pilot whose friends had all been shot down and had it out for the evil German pilot. Sort of the mentor (or anti-mentor,given his attitude).

Carol A. Spradling said...

Ah, the guy with the lion. I'll watch for him the next time.