Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Websites

To all of you who create websites--applause, applause.

I am in the process of having mine built. I know, I thought the same thing as you, eh, how hard can it be? For crying out loud, I built a blog. Ha!

After looking into the finer points of templates, I decided if I were to embark in this route, I needed something professional looking. So, the search began for a webmaster. This brought me completely out of my comfort zone. Plus, I had no clue as to how to begin.

Thankfully, I was given the name of a talented web mistress. She jotted me a quick note with a few general questions, which I replied to with answers that were even more vague. Yesterday, I got the first glimpse of what she concocted. Impressed doesn't begin to describe it.

We are fine tuning the details but rest assured, this is much better than anything I could have attempted. I don't know how she did it, but she is able to capture the essence of my writing style. Having looked at her portfolio, this is her strength. Whether contemporary or historical, her creations reflect the author splendidly.

I'll let you know when it is finished.

6 comments:

NBB said...

Hey Carol,

way cool! Cant't wait to see it.

For me, owning a website about my writing, would feel like I took the last step in being a writer (that's silly I know, you are a writer from the second you type/write the first word - but I like being silly *g*)

Nina

Carol said...

Hi Nina,

I know exactly what you mean. I feel like it is no longer a hobby. Scary.

Jenny said...

Carol -

Very exciting! I can't wait to see it. If I ever get to that point, I may want to borrow your webmistress.

Huh. "Your webmistress" - this is all coming real! Congrats again!

Carol said...

Hi Jenny,

It's becoming too real. I never thought I would get to this point. I'm a behind-the-scenes person. What am I thinking?!

Just say when and I'll give you her name.

Jane Richardson, writer said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product. And Nina's so right, that's exactly how I felt when I got my site. But like you Carol, I prefer to be 'behind the scenes,' though I actually began to find that a little easier with a websiste and a blog. It's almost as if that's the professional, on-duty part of it all, and the 'private you' can stay behind it. Suits me, anyway!

I'm so looking forward to your site, girl!

Jane x

Carol said...

Hi Jane,

Wait until you see it. It's looking really nice.