Saturday, August 4, 2007

tick, tick, tick

I was curious about something. From the time your screen pops into existence, to the time you start writing, how much time do you spend taking care of business? Not household finance and things like that. I mean, reading and answering email, checking the boards, socializing on the blogs--thank you, Google reader.

Granted, all these things are necessary. *cough* Just curious. For me, weekdays don't count. I have a lot of down time at work, soon to end come September, so I can do all this when I'm bored. The weekends are another story. I think it takes me about an hour before I actually get to my writing. I don't think that's too much, is it?

2 comments:

Susan Adrian said...

Carol:

For me, an hour would be way too much--but then I often only have an hour to write.

I use it as a reward. Write 200 words, I get to go open Google Reader. Don't...I don't. :)

Carol said...

Hi Susan,

Interesting approach--reward method.

I look at it as business. Gotta get all the chores done before I can play. If I don't, it keeps nagging at me that something is left undone.