Saturday, June 30, 2007

End of month

With all of the distractions that came with June, not to mention the discouragement and mini-meltdowns, I still managed 9,000 words. Not too shabby. I am making nice progress and getting a little excited with what's taking shape.

I do need to come up with some conflict to help smooth the time period between two upcoming chapters. I have learned one thing. (Oh, I hope I've learned more than one thing.) Anyway, no more expectant mothers for awhile. You have to be so careful with timelines when you do that. I see why so many authors toss that twist in at the end. Cowards. (s)

Of course, since I never like to read that, naturally, I wasn't about to follow suite. (Lip thrust forward and hands on hips.) That's the lazy way. Woohoo, taxi. Follow that bus. I'm ready to climb on board--and step on it.

Isn't it amazing what it takes to humble some people. I always did have to learn things the hard way.

No comments: