Friday, May 4, 2007

Decisions

I really enjoy this new wip. It's moving along well and the story is deepening, but I'm trying to decide how much depth to give it. Do I want it to be light and fast or a bit weightier? There's nothing wrong with it being either way, I just need to decide. Some of the chapters I've completed, I like where they are and think they're fine, but... Maybe I'm giving this too much thought. I should just let the story play out and see where it ends. I can always go back and add more depth to it.

3 comments:

Jane Richardson said...

Or you could go back and cut...but that's not much help, is it? LOL Do you tend to under-write or over-write first time round? I'd guess, play it out as you feel and see what you end up with. You can always fix it later, either way. J x

Carol said...

Jane!

You're back! How's mum?

As for writing,I think I will underwrite it the first time through and let critters tell me if it needs to be beefed up and where. I think that will be easier than cutting.

Jane Richardson said...

I'm trying to work that way too this time, though it doesn't come naturally to me. But I tend to over-write terribly, and that cost me a lot of extra time with Honesty. I hope I can tighten this time around. Learning all the time, eh? ;) Mum's a little better, thanks. Jx