Saturday, February 24, 2007

Anybody have a coin?

Hmm, I'm trying to make a decision. I'm at the point where I have all of the historical facts in place for BBH and now the characters are speaking to me. This is always good. The thing is, when one character starts going, others chime in. Again, all good. However, with COF still in limbo, I have thought about sending more queries. I am trying to decide if I should send them now, before I get too heavily involved with BBH, or if I should just ride out what's already out there and bury myself in book 2. My thinking is, if I send more, I can consider my query process finished and concentrate solely on writing. If I don't send more, I will constantly be nagged with the notion of unfinished business. What would you do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol, I love your blog. I would send out a few more queries. Let yourself get totally immersed in Bound By Honor, instead of the "nagging" from Cost of Freedom. I can't wait until your books are published, I wanted to tell you I got so much done on my book today, I feel great! I knew you'd appreciate that, being in the same boat, only much farther ahead. Best wishes. Cale

Carol said...

Hi Cale,
It's great to see you here. I agree with your advice. I really don't like to have things left undone. If I get to a place where I feel finished with queries, I can devote my full attention on BBH. Thanks for jumping in.

That's wonderful about how much you completed on your book. I'm so glad you told me. Is it taking the shape you hoped for, or have you experienced a few surprises? One thing I've learned about writers, it doesn't matter where we are in the process, we all pull for each other. Woohoo, Cale! Keep writing. I can't wait to hear more about your work.