Thursday, January 11, 2007

Round one

Twelve hours, two friends, numerous rereads, and endless tweaking--oh, and let's not forget the unrelenting headache, but it will all be worth it if she says yes, I'd like to read more. What am I talking about? How I spent yesterday. This is such an odd experience. I am a jumble of emotions while I try to remain focused enough to present an agent with the best possible sample of my work. I know, I made it shine before querying her but when you get a request for a partial, you become a fanatic. I am so glad I have friends who understand this and jumped in to help me comb through the requested material. This is one business where you can truly feel the same level of happiness for someone else as you would yourself. Perhaps it is due to the fact that everyone has plodded this road with me and has been there every step of the way. Thank you, ladies. I couldn't do it without you.

No comments: